Norfolk breaks as unique as you
If you are thinking of planning a trip to England, East Anglia, or Norfolk, you are in the right place. I can arrange customized vacations just for you.
I am a local historian, with a great love of my native county and over thirty years’ experience of researching my own family history (with Norfolk roots back to the sixteenth century). I can help you to make the most of your trip, taking care of as much or as little of the organisation as you wish.
Individual and small group tours
You are welcome to choose from the list below, or I can tailor your “a la carte” vacation to your own requirements:
- Airport transfers: I can collect your from the airport or hotel and take you back at the end of your vacation.
- Accommodation: I can arrange your accommodation, from self-catering cottages to exclusive country house stays. All accommodation is personally selected by my wife and I and is privately owned.
- Guided tours: I can accompany you throughout your time in England, becoming your own personal tour guide.
- Guided day trips: I can take you on guided day-trips to places of special interest, historical landmarks, local churches, stately homes, castles and ruins.
- Family history tours: I can arrange visits to places of specific interest to you and your own family history, touring the villages and towns where your ancestors actually lived.
- Family history research: I can arrange a trip to visit local Record Offices, libraries and other repositories to enable you to carry out your own genealogical research or see original documents that relate to your own family.
- Pre-trip research: I can carry out family research for you before you arrive, pre-order documents at the Archives and find graves, if they exist, to ensure your time here is well-spent.
- Genealogical research: I can carry out research on your family genealogy even if you’re not visiting. Just drop me a line, I’m always happy to help.
- Help with hobbies: I can arrange for you to pursue your own hobbies – antique collecting, painting classes, craft fairs, cookery lessons, bird watching and many others are on offer with a Norfolk Tours customized vacation.
- Local crafts: I know many local craftsmen and women. So if you’d like to see a farrier shoe a horse, see how a nineteenth century farmer used horses on the farm, see a silversmith craft some jewellery, see how glass is blown, what a gamekeeper does or how a fashion designer develops a new range of clothes, I can arrange for you to meet these people and even have a go at some of these things yourself.
Areas covered include all of East Anglia: Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, and other destinations as requested. Pick-ups arranged from anywhere in England, hotels, airports, ports and train stations of your choice.
I can cater for special requirements, simply discuss any special requests during booking.
Norfolk-Tours vacations are perfect for a group of friends taking a tour of England. Let me arrange everything at this end for you. You just arrange the flights, I do the rest.
Do you have a Seniors Group or a Family History Society? Does your town have a Twin Town in England? Are you a member of an orchestra or band? Are you a sporting team? Art Group, History Group, Birding Society, Writers’ Circle? Are you a lecturer wanting to arrange a trip to England as a research project or for your students, a church group wanting to tour pilgrimage sites or a Downton Abbey appreciation society who wants to visit some real stately houses?
There are many reasons why a group of people could want to tour England together, if you are a member of such a group, let me take the weight off your shoulders and let me arrange everything for you while you are in England.
Contact me with your requirements. I will be happy to help.
Corporate and business guests
If there is a special client that you want to entertain, if you have an important guest arriving for a few days, I can find suitable accommodation, pick them up from the airport or station, arrange all transport for them and generally take care of them while they are here. If your guest is bringing a non-business partner, I can provide tours and days out, to entertain them during business hours.
If you are thinking of organising a team away-day and don’t know what to do or where to go, I can help. Whether you would like to send your CEO screaming down a zip-wire or enjoy a relaxing day with the Accounts Manager watching woodpeckers, grebe and the odd kingfisher, these two extremes show the sorts of opportunities we have waiting for you in Norfolk.
There are many venues suitable for those special conferences, those Annual General Meetings and that new product launch. I have access to some breathtaking backdrops for photographs and, with my many local contacts, I can also access many places that are not available to the general public.
Nothing is too much trouble. Just contact me and I will be happy to help.